Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Competition

In a competition they're always winners and losers…

I ask you which one do you think I am…

Am I even competing for the same thing?

My prize as of now is your mind, time, and love…

Their prize is your time, body, and friendship…

Which I also would want in the future…

But is this competition fair?

Because I feel I've been competing by myself…

But now that I have surpassed the first leg of the race…

All of these unknown opponents appear…

And as a contestant… Am I supposed to keep on going on like the energizer bunny?

Trying to win when it seems that you've stacked the odds against me?

I do remember the old saying that with hard work and dedication you can achieve anything…

But is this what they meant?

I walked into this competition alone… or at least I thought I did…

Now as all these new contestants become more visible…

I realize that this competition isn't fair…

But then again neither is life…

So rather than give up… I'm going to fight for what I think is rightfully mine…

My only question is am I a winner or a loser in your eyes?


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment