Thursday, March 26, 2009

Who am I?

Scared of lonely

Yet I'm always alone

Because I realized some of my flaws

I fell for you, I fell for her, I fell for the illusion that we could be

It was because of he, it was because of she, it was because of me

It was self inflicted

I'm in love with love

Unfortunately love doesn't me

I've overstepped my boundaries

I wanted to be the boss

No matter what it costed me

Relationships, friendships, employment

None of which mattered at the time

I thought I had it all figured out

I overextended myself

Accepted the responsibility and ran with it

But I've run so far I've forgotten my path

Reality hit me like a head on collision with the devil himself

I had recollection that that devil was I

All the blame was on me now

My ego took over my life

I was drunk over a drink of deception

And hung over with self pity

Facing my demons was, is, and will never be a small feat

Abdicating years and years of bad habits

Putting me in surreal state of being

To recall 4 years of my life in a matter of seconds

Blew my mind and open my eyes

Breaking me down to my bare essentials

Leaving me delusional and alone

To rediscover myself

Who am I?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment